Monday, September 25, 2006

Catch up
It's been that September busy getting back into things phase.
Last week I was out and about - lots of trips round the North Circular (and thankfully only one round the South).

One of the most exciting things I saw was a church which has just converted part of their "sanctuary" into a cafe. The atmosphere was great and hopefully it'll make a difference to the area they're serving. It struck me that this was exactly the kind of innovation we need - not every church to be a cafe - but thinking beyond the Christendom models.

It was also good to meet some of the youth workers/ministers. Especially to see some who have been in post 5 and 10 years. That kind of longevity and commitment to a place is much needed in London.

And this week the meetings and committees kick in, alongside preparing stuff for the weekend for the LBA Autumn Assembly and preaching on Sunday. And the reading for college which kicks off in a couple of weeks...

(oh and I've updated the "Blogroll" over the last couple of weeks, adding Michael, Fernando and Sarah!)

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Brush said...

We're trying to do just that with our church at the moment. Actually we'd like to be even more radical and move all of our work into the west end of church, including our youthwork. To really BE the CHURCH at the centre of the town. Of course it's all taking lots of meetings and approvals and the like. Good to hear someone who really thought it was good somewhere else!

11:40 am  
Blogger Amanda said...

I can't wait to hear how you find things at Cliff College. I always have a great week, although am missing the teaching week this October as it is the week before the baby is due! Just to warn you - I am not a fussy eater at all and I found the food pretty bad. Having said that, I was pregnant for the last couple of weeks and it made me fussier than usual, but if I were you, I would go prepared...

9:34 am  
Blogger Pete Lev said...

Thanks for the tip Amanda, I'll stock up with goodies!

10:18 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home