Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Away (again)
So I'm away again.
Last week having got back from Youthwork the Conference, I had a couple of days away at Hothorpe Hall. This was for a process called the "Residential Selection Conference", basically a couple of intensive days of interviews. Wayne describes the experience well here. This is a route in to "accredited" Baptist ministry in the UK for those who didn't study an accredited course at a Baptist college. I did some stuff at Spurgeons, but currently coming to the end (hopefully!) of an MA at Cliff College. Anyway it was a successful process for me, so in January I will be reocmmneded to be enrolled on the list of accredited Baptist Ministers...

At the moment I'm at High Leigh, for a "regional and national teams" thing. It's the senior management of the Baptist Union plus the Regional Teams (of which I am part of the London Regional Ministry Team). This is an annual gathering and is a good chance to compare notes, pray and look ahead as a Baptist family without the pressured agenda of BU Council and other bodies.

But the best thing about being here is that they still have Five Alive in a can! Something I have seen nowhere else.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Larraine said...

wow, that does sound intense!!!
Well done you :)

7:30 am  
Blogger Sarah Brush said...

So glad you got your Five Alive... did they sing that song too???!!!

11:08 am  
Blogger Pete Lev said...

Larraine - nice to hear from you!
Sarah - I'm pleased to say that songs has been erased from my memory...or at least I hope so!

11:16 am  
Blogger Larraine said...

Oh yes, the rss works well!!!
And since you won't join Facebook like your good wife, I shall have to leave a mark here!

3:45 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home