Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Small is beautiful?
Recently read this quote "a very small thing may be an index of something great going on within"(Rober Murray M'Cheyne).

In context he's actually talking about how Jesus words on the cross "My God, my God why have you forsaken me?" tell so much about Christ and God and their relationship- which is pretty mind blowing in itself.
But I was reminded of Zecariah 4:10 about not despising the day of "small things".
Its easy to focus on the "next big thing", but big things are often made up of lots of small ones!
I often suggest youth leaders and church leaders celebrate the small things. Instead of constantly looking at numbers or hankering after "revival", we can see God at work in so many ways: that throw-away comment, that conversation, signs of life and movement towards God etc.
And that small thing might be "an index of something great".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home