Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Random ramblings
Met a pastor from a "Free Lutheran" Church in Iceland yesterday! He popped into Bloomsbury Baptist and ended up having a coffee with the LBA team. Like many Northern European countries Iceland has a state church (Lutheran). Seemed this guy worked for a breakaway denomination.

Beef's
Lectio Divina blog is worth a look if you fancy trying that approach to Scripture (it includes and explanation).

Read this yesterday:
"Churches that embrace traditions over their children will die slow and painful deaths...Churches that embrace cultural relevance over biblical faithfulness will become heretics" Mark Driscoll in The Relevant Church.
The first part especially struck me - I think its true for the big picture, but I still maintain that its viable to have a healthy church without youth and children's work as we know it.

Something I've never posted on before is my love of Gola trainers.

For the past 7 years they have been my footware of choice. Retro yet contemporary! I even passed my driving test in what my instructor called my "lucky Golas". But at the weekend disaster struck when I found a hole in my pair of choice! Fortunately I found a suitably bargain priced replacement yesterday. Phew!
Maybe I love them because as a kid I read Roy of the Rovers and he was a Gola man
!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home