Thursday, July 17, 2008

An Honourable Tradition
Working from home, and without much amiable meeting space (without incurring room hiring costs) in the LBA offices, I have sometimes felt guilty of spending too much time in cafes and coffee shops.
So I was pleased to see that I'm part of an honourable tradition, as Roger Hayden notes:
"The joint meetings of London and provincial Baptists in the early 1690's soon ceased, as London Baptist ministers preferred to meet in London Coffee Houses...".
I'm sure it wasn't Costa or Starbucks, but I'm pleased to be following such a great heritage!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

....so I am a baptist by heritage...what a revelation

2:24 pm  
Blogger Pete Lev said...

Perhaps deep down all youth ministry people are!

9:16 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home