Monday, June 19, 2006

Unhelpful Advice
This summer I seem to have been getting a bit of hayfever. Not something I 've really suffered with before, so I went to the NHS Direct website for some advice. Here's some of their top tips:
  • keep windows and doors shut in the house. If it gets too warm, try drawing the curtains to keep out the sun and keep the temperature down;
  • avoid cutting grass, playing or walking in grassy areas, and camping
  • keep car windows closed
I know it is helpful, and for those who suffer from this badly I don't mean to be flippant, but really:
-
keep windows shut - they've clearly never been to my top floor sauna flat.
- avoid grass - I live between 2 parks, overlooking tennis courts (and there goes any ideas about mowing a labyrinth!)
- keep car windows closed - we can't all afford air-con!
(guess its not the advice that's unhelpful so much as my life style!)

Anyway it got me thinking about other unhelpful advice. What's the naffest advice you've been given? (especially if its from a "professional").
I remember once as a student going to the optician with broken glasses, hoping to avoid the cost of new frames to be asked "have you tried sellotape?". Needless to say I was not happy!

tag:

2 Comments:

Blogger Andy Mackay said...

Costs me a fortune on tablets for hayfever. If your looking for something a lil bit different try Holland & Barrett - they have some hayfever tablets that you can take as well as stuff from a Chemists.
They seem to work!

10:08 pm  
Blogger Pete Lev said...

Thanks I'll check them out

10:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home