Thursday, January 13, 2005

What does successful youth ministry look like?
I know I've posted about this before (probably more than once) -but I keep coming back to the question - What is successful youth ministry? (Or successful church for that matter)?
How do you measure fruit?

Read somewhere that its not about numbers but ratios (it was on Tony's blog) for youth stuff. What percentage are growing etc.
Its clearly about lasting fruit, community and individual transformation etc.

But I wonder whether "revivalism" has skewed our views of success - even for how we judge an individual meeting or event. One thing I'm learning is while God can "zap" everyone in one go and sort them out, more often than not even the most dramatic events are just steps along the way.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home