Monday, October 04, 2004

Harry Hill and the missional church...

Harry Hill was on BBC's Room 101 asking to consign God the room. His argument was there weren't enough miracles these days. He also did an amusing version of the childrens hand game "here's the church, heres the steeple" but when he opened the door "church wasn't so popular as it used to be". Interesting!

Spent the day at Blah with Frost and Hirsch from Oz speaking about missional church and stuff.
My initial reaction was it was fantastic stuff. I was inspired anyway! Read more on Si Johnston's or Jonny Bakers blogs etc. or at http://www.blahonline.net/.
Plenty to think about. He touched on some stuff I need to work through for myself - such as actually getting time with people outside church as well as one of my favorite subjects: Apostolic leadership. Anyway it was good day - and good to have Carl from my church along and catch up with a few other people. (Youthblog - sorry I didn't connect with you - I'm guessing its because I don't look as much like my picture as some would say!!). I'm sure stuff will come out from the day as I process it.

Meanwhile been inspired as to what to do re. neighbours - but won't say anything in case we chicken out!!!







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home