Monday, September 27, 2004

Blessed are those who mourn...
Spent the weekend away in Birmingham (again) catching up with friends - originally I was due to be at a meeting up there but it was postponed.
On Sunday morning went to their church, which started with the news of the death of a 32 year old guy who had moved away from their church a couple of years ago. I think it was handled well - although as someone who is not a pastor (by calling or primary gifting!) I found myself thinking what I would have done if I was the church leader. Not sure what the answer is - and it was only later in the day that I remembered the conversation I had been part of last week about lamenting and the need to express more than "joy" or "victory".
One things for sure - in the end there was a strong sense of God moving in that place.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home