Friday, July 09, 2004

Youthwork ~ Adult Ministry?
A few friends are leaving youthwork soon to move into "adult" ministry. This raises several issues for me:
- Is that an inevitable movement in the UK scene (different in USA I know)?
- Will they lose their radical edge?
- Why are there so few "younger" pastors/ministers - seems like young people wanting to go into ministry become youthworkers?
- Will we see them shifting the established church as previous "grown up" youth leaders have?

I know in some ways I can't talk - I have moved away from "face to face" type youthwork to a denominational role where most of my time is with adults. But I would like to see both more lifetime youthworkers and more church leaders willing to engage with youthwork and emerging generations issues. Maybe that is what this is about - something positive for the wider "body". Guess we'll have to wait and see!

2 Comments:

Blogger tony sheng said...

Hey Pete,
I can totally relate to the same questions. Its an interesting transfer... Glad you are asking.
Thanks for the blog, I just found it a little while ago. Great thinking!
Blessings
-tony

3:31 am  
Blogger Pete Lev said...

Thanks for the comment!
Nice to know the blogs being read.

5:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home