Thursday, June 14, 2007

Retro Worship Music
While preparing for a service for Sunday morning on Jesus feeding 5000 I remembered an old song:
"Who took fish and bread, hungry people fed?"
Eventually I tracked it down in an old book (Youth Praise, Orange cover!), and realised it's by Betty Lou Mills.
Quality.
We had some of her records when I was a kid, and they went with stuff like "Come Together". Great 70's Christian music.

The fish and bread song has some great lyrics:
"Who walked dusty road? Cared for young and old?
Who sat children on his knee?"

Fair to say they don't write them like that these days!
(and check out Bizarre Records for other random record sleeves)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Brush said...

Did it have "Kindle a flame" on it too???!!!

12:16 pm  
Blogger Pete Lev said...

Just when I thought I'd forgotten about that song! Not even sure what era it was from...

10:04 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home