Friday, September 01, 2006

Volunteers
How to get people to "volunteer" for youth ministry is one of the top 3 questions I get asked by churches. Previously I've suggested it's probably part of a wider issue of ownership and vision. I'm convinced that even in London where people claim to have no time, they find time for things they believe in and are passionate about.

Ian has posted a great post with 7 tips to recruit volunteers (which I'm sure to be "borrowing"!).
One of the best perspectives I've seen recently on this is from Contemplative Youth Ministry
where Mark Yaconelli describes a process of the community prayerfully discerning who's called to the task. Most of that stuff can be found online here, but here's a quote from the book:
"A contemplative approach to recruitment rests on trust. We trust that God will raise the people we need for the minstry. If not, then maybe our church isn't called into youth ministry"


tag:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home