Friday, August 19, 2005


Guns
Still in the process of reading Mark Driscoll's Radical Reformission, which is a times spot on and in other places a bit annoying - but maybe that's a crossing the Atlantic thing. Which may be the reason behind my reaction to this story he tells:
"It was the middle of the night and my family and I were sleeping soundly in our beds when I was awakened by a distraught person banging on our front door and yelling...I grabbed my handgun and took position at the bottom of the stairs, between the front door and my family, praying I would not need to kill this person and then have to preach at the funeral" (p159).

I personally found that disturbing. Maybe its because I live in the UK and we don't have the right to carry arms. But something about the story seems to undermine the whole Christ-centred approach to mission which the book is trying to promote. Or am I being naive?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home