Monday, November 01, 2004

All Saints
Great to work with 3 different churches over the weekend.
Yesterday morning led a family service around "All Saints day" in Hayes - Baptists don't really do "saints" but I found it useful to be reminded that we stand in a great line of history as God's people. (A great "cloud" of witnesses - Hebrews 12:1)

Saturday evening was fun in Tottenham, speaking at a youth event where the youthgroup showed their gifts in drama, song etc. The programme said "altar call" after my talk -and I'd planned for a response - but I was surprised by how many people came up! Wow!

Saturday day was also fun - another church took the bold step of asking me to speak on "emerging youth trends and developing youth ministry" to their leaders. They also invited some youth along to get first hand feedback. What a great thing to do! I hope this happens more.
I also feel privileged that both Saturday day and evening I was able to work with majority black churches.

On a different note -the weekend also included a reminder of the fragility of life with the news of the death of a close friend of my wife's family. Thoughts prayers go out to John Smith (currently serving as UK director of Evangelical Alliance) and family at this time.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home