Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Songs
As a musician/worship leader sometimes people ask for thier favourite worship song.
Just this Sunday I was asked if we could sing the song "Above all".
But its a bit tricky - because I'm not sure about one of the lines.

For those that know it - I can live with the "like a rose, trampled" part, but its the line:

"Took the fall [yes, no problem] and thought of me through it all".
Did he think of me?
Hebrews 12:2 suggests otherwise - that "for the joy set before him endured the cross".
I'm thinking that the cross was about obedience to the Father and the glory of God primarily. Not that it wasn't "for me" (as a beneficiary) , but he didn't think of me "above all"!
I'm not wanting to get into (another) atonement debate.
But leaves me in a quandry about singing the song.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home