Thursday, June 24, 2004

Spent some time yesterday on a prayer retreat thing with some people from my church at Ealing Abbey guest house. Good to get some time out and "regroup" as it were, especially with stuff that's been going on (see yesterday's post). There was a copy of "The Rule of St Benedict" in the room I was in, which was a mixed bag - some excellent stuff, and some clearly from another era (and theology!), such as the instruction to beat children who recite the psalms incorrectly!

Some interesting stories from the Anglican Church planting conference over at Jonny Baker's blog. I was encouraged and I'm Baptist!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks v much for the amazon link to Robert Barnes' book. I'll have to see if my reading budget stretches the 98p required to buy it second hand!
Looks like the Anglicans are inspired by the CMS church planting conference. Do you know of any Baptist initiatives? I think Stuart Murray runs a course at Spurgeon's, doesn't he? I'm due to start at Bristol in Sept.
Andy
andyandshona.blogs.com

1:44 pm  
Blogger jonny said...

glad you have an rss feed - i can now follow your blog a bit easier. do ealing abbey offer a programme of retreats or did you just book the space there?....

8:08 pm  
Blogger Pete Lev said...

Plenty of Baptist church planting about. I did 2 years "evangelism and church planting" @ Spurgeons (http://www.spurgeons.ac.uk)with Stuart Murray, which was cool. Course has changed but still going. BU have a network of church planting advisors. But being "bottom up" in our approach Baptist stuff is harder to find out about!

12:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home