Monday, May 24, 2004

Had a good time at a church in Hayes yesterday.
One of the things that's interesting (to me anyway!) going to different churches is the offering (or more often the "collection"). Its the easiest thing to get wrong as every church has their own variation (stewards, no stewards, when to pray etc). Yesterday they did it without passing the bags round which confused me!
I'm actually a fan of no collection - as most people give by standing orders etc. these days anyway - but then maybe that divorces giving from the "worship" environment?



Whatever the case money is an issue for Christians! Both my jobs hinge on giving - which itself raises questions about support of "ministry". Somehow we're not good at talking about these things! Not sure what the way foward is but my feeling is that its not to get heavy about "tithing"! (see Stuart Murray's excellent Beyond Tithing)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home